Agricultural Soil Testing and Analysis
Order Your Online Soil Test
We offer a cheap and fast way of having your soil tested. For only $180 + GST, we provide you with detailed results that indicate what your soil needs to reach it’s full potential.
Our online soil testing service involves four simple stages:
- For existing customers simply login. New customers must create an account.
- Pay for your soil sample test and a submission form will be emailed to you.
- Take your soil samples (please see our guide).
- Send your samples to the lab.
Online soil tests are ideal for small-scale growers, home gardeners and large scale growers who do not live near our on-site testing locations.
After submitting your soil samples, you will receive a detailed lab report highlighting what you need to do to improve your soil’s health. You will receive this report within seven business days.
This is the same service we provide to our larger clients minus the cost of an on-site consultation.
How to Take a Soil Test
- Download and print your sample bag document label and order summary label (emailed to you and also available through your account).
- For each paddock, take your soil sample at a depth of 250mm. For best results, take samples of soil at multiple places (10 is good) in the same paddock.
- Mix the samples you have taken from the paddock together thoroughly in a bucket, then out of this mix, scoop out a sample. You will need at least 700g - 1kg of soil in your final sample. (Please ensure that NO LESS than 700g of soil is provided for testing, otherwise the lab will not have enough material to run all their tests.)
- Put the sample in a sealable bag, tape it well so it holds shut in the mail, and attach the SAMPLE BAG document, which can be printed from your account and you will also get at the last stage of placing your order.
- With a permanent marker pen write the Lab Reference for the sample on the bag in case the SAMPLE BAG document falls off in the mail. (This reference is found on the sample bag form.)
- Collect all of your labeled sample bags together and put in your parcel (preferably a 3Kg Express Post satchel).
- Include the ORDER SUMMARY document in your parcel.
- Send your parcel to our lab.
On-Site Soil Testing
For larger growers and commercial farming operations, get a highly trained soil test consultant to visit your property. At a fee, our agronomists visit your property and conduct soil tests.
While there, they will find out as much as they can about your crops, stock, fertiliser regime and current farming practices. They will also collect soil samples from the paddocks you want tested or from a cross section of your entire farm. After analysis, you will be provided with a comprehensive soil amendment report to improve productivity and soil health for each paddock.
Soil Test Results - Telephone Conversation
For large scale farming operations or growers who need further in-depth advice after receiving your results, you can book an ADVANCED CONSULTATION with one of our highly trained agronomists today!
An example of your soil test report:
On-Site soil testing is available in these locations:
Soil Testing Service Centres
South East Queensland
New South Wales